Sunday, February 21, 2010

Please, may I come in?


Don't you look at me that way! So what if Playtime makes me want to dance? Aren't I suppose to? Okay, so maybe I can laugh for the first hour and fifty minutes or so but sooner or later during the denouement I am to suppose to dance.
I shan't analyze Jacques Tati's films but if I were to analyze his films I would say that dancing is the appropriate reaction since his films are so about the perseverance of the differences and flexibilities and motions of the world versus the manufactured simplicities that strain them, how else am I suppose to exploit my difference or flex or move other than by dancing? Alright, perhaps I can do all of that by just walking or sitting or standing or lying or turning or kicking or jumping or stretching or onward, etc. But, it is just that M. Tati would prefer my doing all of them at the same time.



No comments:

Blog Archive